About Tech Sassy Girlz
Tech Sassy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Orlando, FL. Our mission is to empower middle and high school girls to pursue science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields through college preparation, career readiness, mentoring and entrepreneurship. Tech Sassy Girlz is an open access, self-select, out-of-school program for girls in middle and high school.
Seeking an individual for a Data Science Intern position with Tech Sassy Girlz to introduce girls to a comprehensive and unique science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) program focused on computer science, technology and engineering.
Essential Job Functions
● Empower young women in STEM and help diversify the STEM pipeline
● Create or assist in streamlining STEM curriculum for students and team members. This can include:
● Multimedia presentations, worksheets, demonstrations, hands on activities, course tools, guides and assessments
● Assist in the formation and execution of educational frameworks, policies, and standards
● Use data exploration, visualization and storytelling to share the Tech Sassy Girlz story
● Attend team and project meetings
● Compile, manage, organize and present reports
● Attend and represent Tech Sassy Girlz at key programs and events
● Assist with research and outreach
The successful candidate will have experience with programming languages such as Java, Python Candidate should:
● Be flexible and adaptable to a dynamic and fluid work environment
● Have experience in drag and drop programming, HTML, CSS, Java Script, compiled programming, Java or Python also desirable
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills
● Have strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills
● Be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects
● Have experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
● Have the ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
● Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills
● Pursuing a Master’s degree in analytics, computer science or related technical field
This is a contract position, but must be available May 2023 – August 2023.
To be considered
● Must pass a Level 2 background check
● Must have a computer science, technology or engineering background/experience
● Must have direct teaching experience with middle and/or high school students
● Must have reliable transportation.
● Travel is approximately 10-15%
● This is not a remote position.