About Tech Sassy Girlz
Tech Sassy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Orlando, FL. Our mission is to empower underrepresented middle and high school girls to pursue science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields through college preparation, career readiness, mentoring and entrepreneurship.
Tech Sassy Girlz is an out-of-school program designed to increase the pipeline of under-represented girls in STEM-related fields. Yearlong programming is delivered to students in informal learning environments. Our program creates educational and mentoring opportunities that generate awareness of STEM education and careers.
Seeking an individual for a Special Events and Marketing Intern position with Tech Sassy Girlz. In addition to the
competencies required below, the Marketing Intern needs to be self-motivated, reliable and dependable.
Essential Job Function
- Empower young women in STEM and help diversify the STEM pipeline
- Comfortable teaching technical material as you will be teaching coding to girls in grades 6 – 12
- Help organize, plan and staff events
- Create marketing materials
- Develop an outreach action plan to approach potential companies/donors
- Develop community partnerships
- Assist in the implementation of fundraising events
- Create social media campaigns.
- Develop a media kit
- Assist with branding initiatives and coordinate development of website landing pages
- Produce reports to communicate marketing plans and results
- Coordinate marketing events to support organizational objectives and marketing campaigns
- Be mature, reliable, patient, understanding, and encouraging
- Current class standing of a junior or above pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or
- university in Business, Marketing, Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills
- required. Adobe software suite skills preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills
- Part-time Position : must be available to start immediately
To Be Considered:
- Submit resume and cover letter to HR@techsassygirlz.org