About Tech Sassy Girlz
Tech Sassy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Orlando, FL. Our mission is to empower underrepresented middle and high school girls to pursue science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields through college preparation, career readiness, mentoring and entrepreneurship.
Tech Sassy Girlz is an out-of-school program designed to increase the pipeline of under-represented girls in STEM-related fields. Yearlong programming is delivered to students in informal learning environments. Our program creates educational and mentoring opportunities that generate awareness of STEM education and careers.
Seeking an individual for a Technical Instructor position with Tech Sassy Girlz to introduce girls to a comprehensive and unique science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) program focused on computer science, technology and engineering. The Instructor needs to be self-motivated and excited about inspiring middle and high school girls to STEM in a fun and engaging way!
Essential Job Function
- Empower young women in STEM and help diversify the STEM pipeline
- Comfortable teaching technical material as you will be teaching coding to girls in grades 6 – 12
- Comfortable creating STEM curriculum for students and team members. This can include:
- Multimedia presentations, worksheets, demonstrations, hands on activities, course tools, guides and assessments
The successful candidate will have experience with developing and managing computer science or other related STEM curricula in a K-12 environment. Candidate should:
- Be mature, reliable, patient, understanding, and encouraging
- Be flexible and adaptable to a dynamic and fluid work environment
- Have experience working with youth in grades 6 – 12
- Design and develop instructional materials
- Have experience in drag and drop programming, HTML, CSS, Java Script, compiled programming, Java or
Python also desirable
- Have strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills
- Be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Have experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Have the ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills
- College degree or pursuing a college degree in computer science, technology, or engineering
- Previous teaching experience is preferred, but not required
- Part-time Position
To Be Considered:
- Must pass a Level 2 background check
- Must have a computer science, technology or engineering background/experience
- Submit resume and cover letter to HR@techsassygirlz.org